Application for enrollment to Prodeo is open to all students that live in the state of Minnesota. Prodeo is a tuition-free public charter school and there are no fees to apply.
Students must be four years old by September 1 to be eligible for PreK.
Students must be five years old by September 1 to be eligible for kindergarten.
First Grade Eligibility
To be eligible to enroll at Prodeo Academy in first grade, a student must be age six by September 1 of that school year; or completed kindergarten. Mid-year enrollees must meet the age requirement or be currently enrolled in first grade in another public or private school.
The application period for the 2020-21 school year begins November 15, 2019. In order for a student to be included in Prodeo’s lottery for available seats, a student’s application must be received by March 31, 2020.
Parents/Guardians must submit an application via SchoolMint indicating their desire for their child to attend Prodeo. This form will collect basic applicant information and contact information from the parent/guardian. To begin the application go to prodeoacademy.schoolmint.net and create an account.
Official Enrollment and Lottery
In the event that we receive more applicants than spots available, Prodeo Academy is required to conduct a lottery.
- The lottery will take place on April 1st.
- Families will be notified of their enrollment status on or after April 1st.
- All new applications will be entered into the lottery. Enrollment will be determined based on the order selected from the lottery.
Order of Admission Preference
- Currently enrolled students: Receive primary enrollment preference and will not be entered into the lottery.
- Siblings or foster siblings of currently enrolled students: Siblings of currently enrolled students have preference before children of staff and general lottery applicants.
- Children of staff: Children of staff receive preference before general lottery applicants.
- General Lottery Enrollment: In the event that there are more new applicants than spots available, a lottery will be conducted. New student applications must be submitted by March 31st to be considered for the general lottery. The lottery is also used to assign waitlist positions.
Applications received after the March 31st deadline will be accepted on a rolling basis following the lottery process until grade levels are filled, after which point a waitlist will begin. As a spot becomes available, the school will contact the parent/guardian next on the waitlist to offer them the open spot for their child. If the spot is declined, the child is removed from the waitlist and the parents/guardians of the next scholar on the waitlist will be contacted. The waitlists will not roll over from year to year. For any applicant who was not admitted or who withdraws his/her application, the application form will be discarded. If you are currently on the 2019-20 waitlist, you will need to apply again to be included in the 2020-21 lottery and waitlist. This application takes less than five minutes to complete and does not obligate you to accept an enrollment offer.
The documents listed below will be part of the registration packet. All forms are required to be filled out in full before the student may attend Prodeo. We will hold several Registration Day events to assist families with registration.
- Student Information
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- IEP or 504 Accommodation Plans
- Transportation Questionnaire
- Health Information
- Immunization Record
- Parent/Guardian Information
- Custody or Orders of Protection legal paperwork (if applicable)
- Media Consent and Release
- Authorization for First Aid and Medical Care
- Field Trips Release
- MN Home Language Survey
The following records must be submitted before your child can attend school.
- Birth Certificate or Passport: Verifies legal name and birth date for your student's records.
- Immunization Records: Minnesota state law requires current immunization records or a notarized immunization exemption form before the student can begin attending school. For more information, please see Minnesota Statute 121A.15 HEALTH STANDARDS; IMMUNIZATIONS; SCHOOL CHILDREN.
Where to Submit Records
Minneapolis Campus: 620 Olson Memorial Highway, Minneapolis, MN 55411
Fax: (612) 345-4572
St. Paul Campus: 170 Rose Avenue West, St. Paul, MN 55117
Fax: (651) 348-2377
Withdrawing a Student
Prodeo will recognize a request for records from another school district as official notification of that student’s withdrawal from Prodeo. If a student is absent for fifteen consecutive school days (or 20 total unexcused absences for PreK), s/he will be dropped from Prodeo’s roster and considered unenrolled. A student's parent or guardian is also able to formally initiate a student withdrawal via the submission of a completed student withdrawal form. Please call 763-205-9950, ext. 1003 if you would like to initiate the withdrawal process.