Application for enrollment to Prodeo Academy is open to all students that live in the state of Minnesota. Prodeo Academy is a tuition-free public charter school with no application fees.
Students must be four years old by September 1 to be eligible for PreK.
Students must be five years old by September 1 to be eligible for kindergarten.
First Grade Eligibility
Students must be six years old by September 1 or have completed kindergarten. Mid-year enrollees must meet the age requirement or be currently enrolled in first grade in another public or private school.
The application period for the 2022-23 school year begins November 8, 2021. Prodeo will Conduct a lottery on February 8, 2022. If there are still open seats in our classrooms after the lottery is completed, applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all seats are filled.
Parents/Guardians must submit an application via SchoolMint indicating their desire for their child to attend Prodeo. This application will collect basic educational and contact information. To begin the application, go to prodeoacademy.schoolmint.net and create an account.
Contact the enrollment team at firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-583-5614. Espanol: 651-785-6707, Karen: 651-350-7655.
Official Enrollment and Lottery
In the event that we receive more applicants than spots available, Prodeo Academy is required to conduct a lottery.
- The lottery will take place on February 8, 2022.
- Families will be notified if their student is admitted after the lottery via text message, email, and a letter sent to the address provided on the application.
- All new applications will be entered into the lottery. Enrollment will be determined based on the order selected from the lottery.
Order of Admission Preference
- Currently enrolled students: Receive primary enrollment preference and will not be entered into the lottery.
- Siblings or foster siblings of currently enrolled students: Siblings of currently enrolled students have preference before children of staff and general lottery applicants.
- Children of staff: Children of staff receive preference before general lottery applicants.
- General Lottery Enrollment: New student applications will be accepted on a rolling basis as long as spots remain open.
Applications received after the lottery date February 8, 2022, will be accepted on a rolling basis following the lottery process until all open spots are filled, after which a waitlist will begin. As a spot becomes available, the school will contact the parent/guardian next on the waitlist to offer them the open spot for their child. If the spot is declined, the child is removed from the waitlist, and we will contact the next family on the waitlist. The waitlist will not roll over from year to year. For any applicant who was not admitted or who withdraws their application, the application form will be discarded. If you are currently on the 2021-22 waitlist, you will need to apply again to be included in the 2022-23 lottery and waitlist. This application takes less than five minutes to complete and does not obligate you to accept an enrollment offer.
All families will receive a registration packet containing the documents listed below. All forms are required to be filled out in full before the student may attend Prodeo. Student Information
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- IEP or 504 Accommodation Plans
- Transportation Questionnaire
- Health Information
- Immunization Record
- Parent/Guardian Information
- Custody or Orders of Protection legal paperwork (if applicable)
- Media Consent and Release
- Authorization for First Aid and Medical Care
- Field Trips Release
- Minnesota Home Language Survey
The following records must be submitted before your child can attend school.
- Birth Certificate or Passport: Verifies legal name and birth date for your student's records.
- Immunization Records: Minnesota state law requires current immunization records or a notarized immunization exemption form before the student can begin attending school. For more information, please see Minnesota Statute 121A.15 HEALTH STANDARDS; IMMUNIZATIONS; SCHOOL CHILDREN.
Where to Submit Records
Columbia Heights Campus
4141 University Ave NE
Columbia Heights, MN 55421
St. Paul Campus
170 Rose Avenue West
St. Paul, MN 55117
Withdrawing a Student
Prodeo will recognize a request for records from another school district as an official notification of a student’s withdrawal from Prodeo Academy. If a student is absent for fifteen (15) consecutive school days (or 20 total unexcused absences for PreK), they will be dropped from Prodeo’s roster and considered unenrolled. A student's parent or guardian is also able to formally initiate a student withdrawal via the submission of a completed student withdrawal form. Please call 763-205-9950, ext. 1003 if you would like to initiate the withdrawal process.