Prodeo Academy teachers and staff want to emphasize the importance of school attendance as a measure of academic success. As a network, we set a high attendance goal of 94% each day. Scholars can reach this goal by missing no more than 10 school days over the course of a year.
We want to both honor good attendance and support families where attendance may become a concern. Scholars with perfect attendance each month will receive a congratulatory phone call home and they will be recognized in the school entryway.
For scholars experiencing chronic absences and tardiness, please note the school’s intervention plan below:
- Three (3) Absences in a Quarter: If a scholar is absent three times in a Quarter, it is considered a serious issue. At this point, the parent/guardian will receive a letter from the school.
- Five (5) Absences in a Year: If a scholar is absent five times in a year, it is considered a serious issue. At this point, the parent/guardian will be called to the school to meet with the leadership. At the meeting, the problem will be discussed and an attendance plan will be developed.
- Six (6) Absences in a Year: If a scholar is absent six times in a year, the scholar will be documented in the Be @ School reporting system. The school submits a Parent Group Meeting report and may request services to assist with scholar attendance.
- Nine (9) Absences in a Year: If a scholar is absent nine times in a year, the scholar’s profile will be elevated in the Be @ School reporting system. At this point, the scholar is at risk of not being promoted to the next grade. The parent/guardian will be called to the school to meet with the leadership. The Principal reserves the right to retain any scholar who misses more than nine days of school. In addition, a report is submitted, which may be reviewed for possible Child Protection involvement.
- Fifteen (15) Absences in a Year: If a scholar is absent 15 times in a year, the scholar is considered truant. The school submits an Educational Neglect/Truancy report to the state.
- Twenty-Two (22) Absences in a Year: If a scholar is absent twenty times in a year, the scholar will be considered a habitual truant. At this point, the school submits an updated truancy report, which may trigger further agency involvement. The Prodeo Academy designee will submit an annual report to the State Department of Education that reports the number of habitual truants.
- Every Three (3) Tardies Constitute an Absence.
If you have any questions regarding the attendance policy, please call the Main Office at the Columbia Heights Campus at (763) 205-9950.