Volunteering is a vital part of the Prodeo Academy Program. We believe in our program because we know the value of welcoming our community into our school each day. Our volunteers are invaluable members of our school community who advocate for our students outside of our school building.
Tutors join us in providing compassionate, individualized, and results-driven instruction to each of our scholars, reflecting an understanding of and commitment to their unique educational and personal needs. Our scholars have made remarkable yearly gains since our school’s 2013 opening.
- Tutor kindergarten through second grade students to help them master fundamental reading, writing, and math skills.
- Providing administrative assistance support on a flexible schedule throughout the week.
- Gather a group of friends or coworkers to volunteer at one of our family events that take place throughout the year.
Sign up to volunteer
Our Tutoring Program
- Tutoring takes place Monday through Friday at variety of times. Sign up to tutor once per week or create a tutoring team with family, friends, and coworkers (i.e. a team of four each tutor one Tuesday a month).
- Tutors work one on one with students in classrooms each week to develop meaningful and productive relationships.
- All tutors receive explicit instructions, resources, and strategies for working with our scholars and subject matter.
- Prodeo Academy also offers an instructional packet and info/training session for corporations and organizations interested in coordinating and managing tutoring teams.
Our tutors consist of college students, graduate students, corporate teams, law firm teams, retirees, and other professionals. Many tutors from these and other organizations enjoy working as individuals and in teams to help our scholars succeed: