We want to extend a special thank you to our scholars, families, and staff who have been part of this unprecedented 19-20 school year. While we look to finish the year strong, Prodeo Academy leaders and staff are engaged in planning for the 20-21 school year. We are following the latest developments and regulations regarding school openings in the all and looking forward to a successful academic year come September.
At this time, while we do not know the exact blend of on-site and remote learning that will have to take place next year, Prodeo Academy is committed to serving every child. We recognize that some of our students will require distance learning as an option until a vaccine is available. For that reason, Prodeo Academy is committed to providing remote learning options to qualifying students in accordance with MDE and state guidance, while also ensuring that scholars returning to classes on campus remain healthy and safe.
Please refer to this page for updates throughout the summer about our distance learning and school reopening plans.
Clever Login Instructions (PDF)
Clever and Google Classroom Login Tutorials
If your student will not have regular internet access during the Distance Learning period, please check our Resources for Families page for more information about how to access free internet.
Special Education Distance Learning
- Prodeo Academy will use Google Classroom, See Saw, Clever, Flipgrid, and Zoom as the primary platforms to deliver specialized instruction from licensed special education teachers and related service providers. Instructional videos, online and electronic assignments, live video and telephone instruction, paraprofessional support, and weekly parent phone calls will support the provision of special education services. General education teachers will support the provision of accommodations and modifications through assistive technology, modified work, and other means as appropriate per student’s individualized accommodations.
- Prodeo Academy has scheduled IEP amendment conversations with parents during the week of March 23, 2020, and will continue to schedule virtual meetings, when appropriate, to amend IEPs. IEP meetings during the period of distance learning will take place via Zoom. All requirements and practices surrounding IEP meetings will remain the same as they were before e-Learning, with the exception of virtual participation. This includes the requirement for all required IEP team members to be in attendance, the requirement to send a notice of a team meeting, and the requirement to review all aspects of the IEP.
- Parents also received communication from their child’s case manager during the week of March 23, 2020 regarding special education services for their child.
- The child find process at Prodeo Academy will remain the same with regular meetings held to review student progress and identify struggling learners.
- Communication to all staff regarding the child find process will be sent to remind them of the procedures during the period of distance learning.
- Evaluation activities with face-to-face components will be delayed until schools re-open. This includes any direct assessment and student observations. Evaluation activities aside from direct assessment and observation, including interviews, indirect assessment (protocol completion), and report writing will continue.
- Regular special education meetings will be held within and between special education, general education, and administrative teams to ensure collaboration around student learning and response to instruction.
- Data collection for IEP goals will be collected through work samples, observation, and assessment.
- Prodeo Academy will support regular Child Study Team meetings to continue strong collaboration around evaluations. Electronic protocols will be used to increase efficiency in the information gathering process for the purpose of evaluation.