Prodeo Academy School Reopening Announcement
Prodeo Academy Reopening Plan and School Orientation
Reminder: School Starts September 14th for First Grade through 7th Grade and September 17th for Kindergarten and PreKindergarten
For the beginning of the school year, Prodeo will only be offering Full-Time Distance Learning for all students in all grades. The first day of school for students in first grade through seventh grade is September 14th. Kindergarten and PreKindergarten students will start on September 17th . We are still planning to return to in-person learning at some point in the year, but given the level of community transmission and the many unanswered questions about safety, we believe that it is not yet safe to open for in-person learning, even at a reduced capacity.
Families should be aware of the following to start the year:
- Prodeo will assess the safety of moving to a hybrid learning plan beginning October 19, and will share a decision about that plan with families by October 5.
- Until then, all students will be participating in distance learning, which will require them to access the curriculum online through posted work and scheduled video lessons using a Chromebook or tablet (the school will provide a device for each scholar in your home who needs one).
- The school will provide childcare for the children of Tier 1 essential workers, if indicated on the Family Information Form, throughout the Distance Learning period. Should additional spots be available, children of Tier 2 essential workers and other families may be eligible for childcare at the school, as well.
- Breakfast and lunch will be distributed weekly. Families may pick up a 5-day meal kit on-site from the school site on Mondays. If your family is unable to pick up a meal kit, please reach out and we will arrange weekly drop-off.
As we begin the year in Full-time Distance Learning, we want to set all scholars up for success in accessing our updated, high-quality online learning. All families should plan to attend a short, individual orientation session at the school between August 31st and September 3rd from 8 am to 6 pm to complete the following tasks:
- Pick up a Chromebook or tablet and get set up on the learning platform
- Complete a Free and Reduced Lunch Form for the family
- Receive any supplemental learning materials
- Receive classroom information, schedule, and transportation assignment information for when in-person learning begins
Additional Reopening Updates and Information
We know that this will be an unprecedented school year, but we are very excited to welcome our scholars and families back in the Fall no matter our physical location. Thank you again for your support and partnership with us in making sure we have a safe, rigorous, and joyful learning community for all children. As always you, can check out our video updates here or call the school with questions at 763-205-9950 (Columbia Heights Campus) or (651) 350-7655 (St. Paul Campus).