Welcome to Elementary English Language Development!
I teach English Language Development to students in grades 2, 3, and 4. Together, we explore grade-level content, especially in Science and Social Studies, through the lens of language. We engage in listening, speaking, reading, and writing about a variety of topics throughout the year. Some of my favorite units are:
Storytelling in the Past, Present, and Future (2nd Grade)
My Heart Rate: Experiments and Essays (3rd Grade)
The World of Electricity and Circuits (4th Grade)
Here is a list of the different types of classes I teach:
- Newcomer Program (for students new to the country)
- Reading for English Language Learners
- Spoken Language Development
- Reading Comprehension for English Language Learners
- 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Grade ELL Class
About Ms. Selcer
- 10+ years of teaching experience
- Taught all grades K-12
- B.A. from Williams College
- M.A. from Hamline University
- Taught in Cambodia, Vietnam, and my home in Minneapolis!
- Interests: reading, cooking, and playing with my cat!